CLEAPSS Supporting practical science and technology
Ethanol- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) - Application Form
You need a license to purchase IDA. If you already have one, even if it was made out for ‘Industrial methylated spirits (IMS, the previous name for this product), you do not need to reapply unless:

• Your school details (name or address) have changed, or
• You need to use larger quantities than your current license allows.

From this link, choose Section 19 - Application for authorisation to receive and use IDA or TSDA. Paste the application to headed school notepaper, complete it and send to the address provided. 

There is no charge for this service.

For more information, see the 'Goodbye IMS, Hello IDA!' article in CLEAPSS Bulletin 125 and the 'IDA again' article in CLEAPSS Bulletin 126.